This Greek lamb meatballs recipe gives you FRESH and FLAVORFUL meatballs that are amazing served along Mediterranean classics like hummus and pita.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk. Let sit for at least 5 minutes and mash into a paste.
- Add eggs, onion, garlic, mint, salt, coriander, cumin, black pepper, and paprika to bread crumb mixture and whisk until incorporated.
- Add lamb to bowl and mix with hands, just until everything is incorporated so you don’t overwork the meat.
- OPTIONAL: Chill mixture for 30 minutes.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out 1-inch meatballs and put on a large sheet pan. (You can lightly roll into a round shape if desired, there is not a big difference in my testing.)
- Cook meatballs. You can pan fry or bake:
Bake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Broil at the end of cooking if you want to brown them a bit.
Pan fry: Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs to skillet and cook, rolling around as you cook them to brown all edges for about 6-8 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Cook in batches.
- Recipe yields about 32 1-inch meatballs, or about 6 servings, depending on appetites and what else you are serving them with. (Serving suggestions above.)
Keywords: Greek lamb meatballs, Greek lamb meatballs recipe, lamb meatballs,