You’re going to love these cheesy shredded chicken nachos! They are loaded with layers of chips, shredded chicken, beans, and cheese, plus fresh toppings!
- 3 cups shredded salsa chicken
- bag of tortilla chips (I recommend thicker chips so they are sturdier)
- 16 oz. shredded cheese
- 15 oz. can of refried beans
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 medium avocado
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- chopped red onion
- extras: hot sauce
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Prep ingredients:
Heat chicken in microwave or stove top if not already heated through.
Wash and chop lettuce.
Wash and chop cilantro.
Mince red onion.
- On a large sheet pan, put down a single layer of chips. Top with a layer of shredded cheese, dollops of refried beans, drained chicken mixture (you don’t want too much moisture or the chips will get mushy), and some more shredded cheese.
- Broil until the cheese has melted, 1-3 minutes, watching closely.
- Top with desired fresh toppings.
- You’ll need cooked chicken for this recipe. I recommend crockpot salsa chicken, but you could also use shredded chicken from the store, rotisserie chicken, or grilled chicken.
Keywords: shredded chicken nacho recipe, shredded chicken nachos, nacho recipe, chicken nachos recipe