These easy Greek pita sandwich recipe takes just a few minutes to prep and uses meatballs as a simple shortcut!
- 1 lb. beef meatballs (plain, Italian is fine)
- 1/2 english (or hot house) cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (8 oz)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 pita breads
- Bake meatballs according to package instructions. Note: some have a quicker cook time if they are thawed, so determine if you need to save the time and plan ahead.
- Make tzatziki:
Grate 1/2 cup of cucumber with box grater.
Grate 1 clove of garlic with zester or mince as finely as possible.
Stir together cucumber, yogurt, grated garlic, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
- Assemble pitas: top pita bread with meatballs and tzatziki sauce. Serve salad on the side.
- You can warm the pita in the microwave (about 30 seconds) or in a hot oven or grill.
- Garlic: you can also use 1/2 tsp garlic powder in the tzatziki instead of fresh garlic.
- Regular cucumber is fine to use, but will need to be peeled.
Keywords: greek pita sandwich, greek pita sandwich recipe