These EASY + to feel good about mealtime delicious black bean tostadas consist of crunchy shells, homemade refried black beans, and cool and fresh toppings. A family fave!
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- crispy corn tostada shells
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime
For Refried Black Beans:
- Make pickled onions. Thinly slice 1/2 red onion and place into a bowl and cover with white vinegar.
- Mix lime crema. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice. Thin sauce with milk or water if necessary so that it can be drizzled.
- Heat olive oil in large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Add garlic to pan and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add beans to pan and stir together with onions. Add bean liquid to pan and bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low and cook at a low simmer for about 9-14 minutes until most of liquid has evaporated. Mash beans to desired consistency and season with sea salt to taste.
- Assemble tostadas. Put out toppings and let everyone build their own tostadas.
- Makes about 3 cups of refried black beans
Keywords: black bean tostadas, black bean tostada, bean tostada