Let’s make a dirty chai latte at home! This espresso drink combines coffee and tea in a warm and cozy way that is incredibly delicious.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1–2 Chai tea bags
- sugar to taste (start with 1 teaspoon sugar)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1–2 shots espresso (or 2–3 ounces strong coffee or coffee concentrate)
- Brew tea. Pour boiling water over tea bag in a mug and let steep for 4-5 minutes, then remove tea bag.
- Meanwhile, steam milk and prepare espresso. (I like to brew the espresso right over the sugar to help it dissolve otherwise stir sugar into tea.
- Pour espresso into mug and stir to dissolve any sugar.
- Pour steamed milk into mug and top with a thin layer of foam.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and will vary depending on type of milk and how much sugar you use.
Keywords: dirty chai, dirty chai latte