Add some heat to dinner with this easy buffalo chicken cheesesteak recipe! These sandwiches are loaded with flavor and can easily be customized.
- 1 white onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 slices white American cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Thinly slice onion and bell peppers. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add sliced onion and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook for 9-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken tenders as thin as you can.
- Heat butter in another large nonstick skillet and add chicken to skillet. Season with salt and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip chicken and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Pour in buffalo sauce and cook another minute or two, until buffalo sauce has thickened.
- Layer buffalo chicken onto hoagie roll and top with onion and pepper mixture. Place sliced white American cheese over veggies and broil until cheese is melty, about a minute or two. Watch closely so they don’t burn!
Keywords: buffalo chicken cheesesteak, buffalo chicken cheesesteak recipe