This is literally the BEST TOMATO TOAST!!! And it’s super easy with a few small components that elevate the standard tomato toast. Make it while tomatoes are at their peak!
- 12 oz. package bacon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- small bunch of chives
- 16 oz. loaf artisan bread
- 6–8 eggs
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 large tomatoes
- flaky sea salt
- olive oil
- Cook bacon on stove top or in oven.
- Prepare ingredients:
Place mayonnaise in a small bowl.
Mince garlic as small as you can and add to mayo bowl.
Zest and juice lemon (you’ll need half) and add 1 Tbsp. lemon juice to mayo bowl. Save zest.
Wash and thinly slice the chives.
Whisk eggs together in a bowl.
- Start a large non-stick pan over medium low heat. Add butter to pan and when it sizzles, add eggs, stirring continuously, until eggs have set, about 3-6 minutes. Season with 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper. Set aside until dinner.
- Slice tomatoes and lightly toast bread. You want the slightest hint of crunch.
- Layer mayo mixture on bread, and top with: tomatoes + drizzle of olive oil + flaky salt + freshly ground pepper + lemon zest + chives. Serve with bacon and eggs.
- Get your kids involved! They can: mix mayo mixture together, top their own tomato toast.
- Wait to slice tomatoes until right before eating so that you retain as much of the juice as you can!
Keywords: toast, breakfast for dinner, easy dinner, tomato toast, best tomato toast