Two TJ staples: Trader Joe’s Tikka Masala Sauce and Trader Joe’s lentils – in one delicious recipe! Easy, vegetarian, + full of flavor. Just 3 ingredients!
- 24 oz. Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 16 oz. Trader Joe’s steamed lentils
- 15 oz. Trader Joe’s Masala Simmer Sauce
- sea salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower rice, and cook as directed, about 3-4 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated. Season with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add lentils to pan, breaking up with hands. Pour in Trader Joe’s Masala Simmer Sauce.
- Add 1 cup water to jar, shake (to get all sauce out) and pour into pan with lentils. Stir to combine, bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- Serve masala lentils over cauliflower rice. Top with cilantro and salt to taste.
- Cauliflower rice: Use either fresh or frozen cauliflower rice.
- EXTRAS: Serve with naan bread or a dollop of mango chutney.
Keywords: Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce, Trader Joe's lentils recipe, Trader Joe's steamed lentils