If you’re after healthy quinoa salad recipes, look no further! This EASY, simple, summer quinoa salad (aka cold quinoa salad) features the BEST summer produce and is perfect for warm nights.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 cups corn kernels (about 2 ears of corn)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2–1 lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- salt & pepper
- Prepare quinoa as directed. (I like using broth, but water is fine.) Set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Prep veggies: slice zucchini in half moon shapes, mince garlic, slice tomatoes in half, cut corn off kernel if using fresh corn. If using frozen, remove from freezer.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan. When hot, add zucchini, garlic, tomatoes, and corn to pan.
- Cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables have softened. Season with salt and pepper and add to the bowl with quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pesto, lemon juice, and water. Drizzle over quinoa and vegetables, tossing to distribute.
- Crumble goat cheese and sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Keywords: quinoa salad