Slow cooker brats are a complete meal with sauerkraut and potatoes – made easy in the crock pot! You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
- 1 1/2 pounds of baby red potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained (about 14 oz.)
- 1 onion, sliced into half moons
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 10 brats (I used a 1lb, 3oz package)
- 1 cup beer of choice
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Layer potatoes, sauerkraut, onion and garlic in slow cooker.
- Nestle brats on top.
- Combine beer, mustard and caraway seeds in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
- Use a pilsner or IPA beer.
Keywords: slow cooker brats, slow cooker, brats, midwest