Let the slow cooker do all the work in this Chipotle copycat meal. Slow Cooker Barbacoa Burrito Bowls taste just like the real thing and are an easy and satisfying dinner!
- 1.5 cups dried white rice (like basmati or long grain)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Burrito Bowl Toppings:
- half recipe of Slow Cooker Barbacoa (about 2.5 cups)
- 1 avocado mashed into guacamole
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. sour cream
- Prepare rice as directed according to package instructions, but add bay leaf into pot.
- Prepare guacamole. (Recipe here.)
- Rinse and drain pinto beans.
- Thinly slice lettuce.
- Microwave frozen corn until warm.
- Heat barbacoa until hot.
- Put a layer of cilantro rice into a large bowl or plate. Top with slow cooker barbacoa and toppings as desired.
- Nutrition facts are for 1/4 of recipe and 1 cup of slow cooker barbacoa.
Keywords: slow cooker beef, slow cooker barbacoa, beef burrito bowl