This EASY, 5-minute prep sausage and potato breakfast burrito recipe is perfect to make ahead and freeze for busy mornings.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded potato hash browns
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Turkey Sausage Patties, diced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- hot sauce
- In a large nonstick fry pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add hash browns in an even layer and gently flatten with spatula so they cover the pan. Portion into 4 sections with a spatula so it’s easier to flip them. Let cook, undisturbed for 4-5 minutes. Flip over (best you can, no need for perfection) and cook for another 3-4 minutes until browned. Set aside on a plate covered with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out pan if necessary and cook sausage for 4-6 minutes, until browned. Lower heat to low and pour whisked eggs into sausage and gently scramble by stirring occasionally. Season with sea salt and cook until set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble burritos. Lay out tortillas on a flat surface and place a layer of hash browns on the bottom third of burrito. Top with sausage and egg mixture, then a sprinkle of cheese. Roll burrito up, folding in the sides. Place seam side down and repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Cook burritos. Heat fry pan or griddle over medium heat. Cook burritos, seam side down first, for about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Freeze: Wrap burritos tightly in foil and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for 1-2 months. To reheat: Unwrap burrito from foil and wrap loosely with a damp paper towel. Place on a microwave safe plate and heat for 2-3 minutes, until hot throughout. Cooking time will vary by microwave.
Keywords: potato breakfast burrito, sausage breakfast burrito recipe, breakfast burrito recipe freezer