This baked salmon dill recipe with a simple compound butter is elegant enough for entertaining, but easy enough for weeknight dinners!
- 1/2 oz. fresh dill
- 7 Tbsp. softened butter, divided
- 1 lemon
- 2 lbs. salmon fillet (or 5–6 oz. fillets)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Make compound butter. Zest lemon and chop dill. Mix lemon zest and fresh dill with 6 tablespoons of butter. Form butter into a log shape and refrigerate.
- Put the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter onto a rimmed baking sheet and put it into the oven. As soon as it foams (about 1 minute), take it out and place salmon, skin side down on the pan. Season salmon with salt and pepper and bake for about 8-12 minutes, until it flakes easily.
- Serve salmon with a slice of compound butter over the top.
- Get your kids involved. They can: stir together fresh dill butter, season salmon with salt and pepper.
- If you use smaller 6 oz. fillets, they shouldn’t need more than 8 minutes in the oven.
- Nutrition facts do not include any sides.
Keywords: salmon dill recipe, salmon with dill recipe, salmon with dill butter, salmon with fresh dill, salmon with dill sauce recipe