- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 shallot
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 2–15 oz cans garbanzo beans
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Roast asparagus: preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove tough bottoms of asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces. (You should have about 2 cups.)
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and cook for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Prepare quinoa: Rinse quinoa in fine mesh strainer.
- Add quinoa and 2 cups water to small pan.
- Stir, season with salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare vinaigrette: while quinoa is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, dijon, mustard, shallot and salt & pepper.
- Remove quinoa from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and toss with vinaigrette.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- When quinoa is cool, toss with remaining ingredients. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Calories: 409
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 46 grams
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 12