The EASIEST baked chicken taco recipe that’s also a family favorite. Plus, my fool-proof tricks for oven baked chicken tacos that aren’t soggy!
Quick Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (can use any variety)
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- pinch black pepper
Oven Baked Tacos
- 10–12 hard corn taco shells
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2–3 cups crockpot salsa chicken
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make quick pico. Toss together tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until serving.
- Arrange taco shells in baking dish so they stand up. Sprinkle some cheese at the bottom of each taco shell, top with drained chicken, and top with cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- While tacos are baking, prepare Mexican cauliflower rice.
- Top with fresh toppings and serve with a side of Mexican cauliflower rice.
- Nutrition facts don’t include toppings and estimate using about 1/3 (16 oz.) of the crockpot salsa chicken.
Keywords: oven baked tacos, chicken tacos, salsa chicken tacos