This simple molletes recipe can be made in 15 min with just 3 ingredients + toppings! Don’t underestimate this humble sandwich, it’s delish.
12 oz. french bread (not baguette, the fluffy kind!)
15 oz. can of refried beans
1-2 cups shredded queso asadero or Oaxaca
toppings (see above post or notes below for ideas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the baguette on the bias. You’ll want about 12 slices.
- Spread beans on bread and sprinkle with shredded cheese. (about 2-3 tablespoons of beans + 1 tablespoon cheese).
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until bread is crispy and cheese has melted.
- Serving size: 2 molletes (2 slices bread + 4-6 tablespoons beans + 2-3 tablespoons cheese)
- Nutrition facts do not include toppings.
- Queso asadero and Oaxaca are Mexican cheeses that melt well, so are perfect for molletes. If you can’t find those, you can also use shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- Toppings: I like to serve molletes with a variety of toppings: salsa, fresh pico de gallo, pickled red onion, sliced avocado, sliced radish, chopped cilantro, queso fresco
Keywords: molletes recipe