EASY mini zucchini chocolate chip muffins recipe is made with basic ingredients + takes just 10 minutes prep. Perfect for kid’s breakfast, lunches, or snacks.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 small)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Shred zucchini with box grater.
- In a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt and stir together.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter. Add in milk, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Toss shredded zucchini into dry ingredients to coat. Pour in wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until combined, being careful to not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture into mini muffin tin and bake for 8 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for 6-8 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- If using a traditional, metal muffin pan, use liners for the muffins so they don’t stick to the pan.
- We sometimes add sprinkles on the top for fun.
Keywords: zucchini chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip zucchini muffins