Instant pot chicken stew recipe takes just 10 min to prep! Italian chicken stew is a nutritious + satisfying meal and perfect for meal prep.
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 medium carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 2 15-oz. cans garbanzo beans
- Prep ingredients:
Turn on ‘Saute’ function and heat oil in Instant Pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and stir, cooking for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
Add chicken thighs, Italian seasoning, sea salt, crushed tomatoes, and garbanzo beans into Instant Pot.
Cover and lock lid. Select manual setting and cook for 10 minutes on ‘High Pressure.’
Once cooking is complete, let sit for 5 minutes, then release pressure.
Shred chicken with forks. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Shortcut: buy pre-cut mirepoix mix, you’ll need about 5 cups.
- Cooking time: Stew takes about 15 minutes to reach pressure.
- If you want it more of a soup, add in 2 cups chicken broth.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups of Italian Instant Pot Chicken Stew
Keywords: Instant Pot chicken stew, Instant Pot chicken stew recipes, Italian chicken stew, Instant Pot chicken thigh stew