You’ll love this In-N-Out Style Turkey Burger recipe! It’s easy to make and FULL of flavor. The turkey burger is topped with caramelized onions and an irresistible special sauce!
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 ears of corn on the cob
- 24 oz. ground turkey (90-93% lean)
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles + 1 Tbsp. pickle juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 6 slices american cheese
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- 6 hamburger buns
- butter, salt, and pepper for corn
- Prepare caramelized onions: thinly slice onions in half moon shapes. Heat small pan over medium heat and add butter to pan. When butter sizzles, add onions to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or longer.
- Make corn: heat large pot of water over high heat. When water boils, add corn and cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside until it’s time to eat.
- Prep burgers: divide meat into 6 patties. Lightly form into patty shape, making an indent with fingers in the middle of burger. Salt and pepper both sides with 1 tsp. salt and pepper, more if needed.
- Mix up special sauce: in a small bowl, combine pickles, pickle juice, mayonnaise, and ketchup.
- Cook burgers: heat grill to medium high heat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. Alternatively, heat grill pan over medium high heat and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. (Or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.) When burgers are done cooking, top with slice of cheese.
- Assemble burgers: layer lettuce on bottom bun. Top with burger and onions, and special sauce as desired. Serve with corn on the cob.
- These burgers are fantastic in a lettuce wrap (but messy!) if you want a lower carb version.
- Nutrition facts include burgers, toppings, buns, and 1 ear of corn.
Keywords: turkey, turkey burger