Everyone loves this family approved healthy orange chicken recipe! And you’ll love that this orange glazed chicken is ready in just 30 min.
- 6 servings rice
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cup vegetable oil (canola, avocado, etc.)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. + 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. broccoli florets
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Prep ingredients:
Make rice according to package instructions.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place into a large bowl. Toss chicken with cornstarch to coat. (Start with 1/4 cup.)
- Mix up orange sauce. In a medium bowl, mix together the orange marmalade, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of orange juice, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Make broccoli: Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add broccoli, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add orange juice to pan, cover, and cook another 3-4 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove cover and remove from heat.
- Make chicken: Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/2 of chicken to pan and let sit, undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Flip pieces over and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set onto a plate. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon avocado oil in pan and cook the rest of the chicken.
- When the second batch is done cooking, add the first batch back to the skillet and add orange sauce to pan. Stir to coat the chicken and let cook for 1-2 minutes, until sauce is thick and glossy.
- Serve over rice with broccoli on the side.
Keywords: orange chicken stir fry, healthy orange chicken recipe, orange glazed chicken