Everyone loves this kid friendly orange glazed chicken recipe! This healthy orange chicken stir fry is quick, easy, + ready in just 30 min.
- 6 servings rice
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil (canola, avocado, etc.)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. + 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic, divided
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. broccoli florets
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Prep ingredients:
Make rice according to package instructions.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place into a large bowl. Toss chicken with cornstarch to coat. (Start with 1/4 cup.)
- Mix up orange sauce. In a medium bowl, mix together the orange marmalade, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of orange juice, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, 2 cloves of the garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Make broccoli: Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add broccoli, remaining 1 clove of garlic, sea salt, and black pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add orange juice to pan, cover, and cook another 3-4 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove cover and remove from heat.
- Make chicken: Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/2 of chicken to pan and let sit, undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Flip pieces over and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set onto a plate lined with paper towel. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon avocado oil in pan and cook the rest of the chicken.
- When the second batch is done cooking, drain oil from pan if necessary and add the first batch back to the skillet and add orange sauce to pan. Stir to coat the chicken and let cook for 1-2 minutes, until sauce is thick and glossy.
- Serve over rice with broccoli on the side.
Keywords: orange chicken stir fry, healthy orange chicken recipe, orange glazed chicken