This HEALTHY ground beef and broccoli recipe is ready in just 20 minutes! Rice bowl recipes are perfect for weeknight dinners.
- 1 1/2 cups rice (6 servings)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 green onions
- 16 oz. broccoli florets
- soy sauce, sriracha/garlic chile sauce, sesame seeds for serving
- Prepare rice as directed on package and set aside.
- Prepare ingredients:
Grate or mince ginger.
Mix together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
Thinly slice green onions.
Trim broccoli so they are roughly the same size. You want small pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add ground beef to pan and cook for 3 minutes, breaking up with a spatula or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add broccoli and soy sauce mixture and mix together. Cook for 2 minutes, cover, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Divide rice and beef and broccoli mixture between bowls. Top with green onions, sesame seeds, and if desired, extra soy and sriracha or chile garlic sauce.
- Get your kids involved! They can: stir together soy sauce mixture, help break apart broccoli florets, top their bowls with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Ginger shortcut: buy frozen cubes or swap dried ginger (1 tsp.)
- Rice shortcut: buy prepared or microwavable rice.
- Broccoli shortcut: buy cut and trimmed florets.
Keywords: rice bowl, ground beef rice bowl