This grilled lake trout recipe is the EASIEST way to cook lake trout in less than 15 min. Cooking trout on the grill is as easy as seasoning + grilling!
- 4 6-oz. lake trout fillets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. old bay seasoning OR 4 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place pats of butter on lake trout, flesh side up.
- Add filets to a fish grill pan or aluminum foil.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, until fish flakes easily. Thinner pieces will only take 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: lake trout, grilled lake trout, how to cook trout on the grill