EASY grilled steak salad takes just 20 min! Loaded with flavor + sharing tips for how to serve this blue cheese steak salad recipe to the whole family.
Steak Salad Dressing:
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. steak of choice or leftover steak
- 5 oz. romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 1 small head escarole
- 1 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 4 oz. gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- 1 baguette
- Make balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
- Grill steaks if not using leftovers. Grill steak undisturbed, for about 3-4 minutes per side, or cooked until 140°F for medium rare, or 155°F for medium. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Prep salad ingredients:Wash and cut lettuce if necessary.Thinly slice escarole.Slice roasted red peppers if necessary.Crumble blue cheese.
Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- Assemble salad. In a large bowl or individual plates, layer lettuce on the bottom. Top with escarole, red peppers, crumbled blue cheese, and sliced steak. Drizzle with dressing. Top with freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- Leftover steak works PERFECT in this recipe.
- Nutrition facts include 6 oz. steak and do not include grilled bread.
Keywords: grilled steak salad, steak salad recipe, blue cheese steak salad