Healthy Full English Breakfast Recipe makes a fantastic breakfast-for-dinner meal and can be made in 20 minutes!
- 28 oz. can of baked beans
- 9 oz. breakfast sausage (about 12 links)
- 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 4 small or roma tomatoes
- 6–8 slices bread
- 6–8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided + more for toast
- Heat beans on the stove in a small pot over low heat. Keep warm until it’s time to eat.
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half. Roughly chop mushrooms.First batch of pans:
Non-stick pan: In a non-stick pan, melt 1 Tbsp. of butter and add mushrooms to pan. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms until tender and golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan and keep warm in the microwave. Wipe out pan with paper towel.Pan two: While mushrooms are cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add sausages to pan. Cook as directed on package instructions. Remove sausages and keep warm in the microwave.
Second batch of pans: **Start making toast while you’re cooking the eggs and tomatoes.
Non-stick pan: Melt remaining butter in pan and cook eggs according to preferences. I did sunny side-up for adults, scrambled for kids. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
Pan two: Using oil from sausages, add tomatoes to hot pan, and cook cut side down for about 2-3 minutes.
- This meal requires a few pans. One small pot for the beans, one non-stick for mushrooms and then eggs, and one other pan for sausages and then tomatoes.
- Get your kids involved! They can: pour the beans in a pan, butter the toast.
- If you don’t love the texture or flavor of cooked tomatoes, leave them raw and serve them on the side!
Keywords: english breakfast, full english breakfast, breakfast, brunch