This easy taco salad recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes and will satisfy the whole family!
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large head romaine or red/green leaf lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (about 1 cups chopped)
- 1/2 lb. cucumber (about 2 cups chopped)
- 2 lbs. (32 oz.) ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/3 cup + more zesty french dressing
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- hot sauce
- Prep ingredients:
Mince or chop garlic.
Wash and dry lettuce. Chop.
Wash and chop tomatoes, discarding seeds.
Wash and chop cucumber. (If using regular cucumber, peel and remove seeds.)
Rinse black beans.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and when it’s hot, add ground beef and garlic to pan. Break up with spatula or wooden spoon. Add cumin, salt, and pepper to pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until meat is browned.
- While beef is cooking, combine chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, black beans, and dressing in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Divide lettuce into bowls and add veggie and bean mix. Top with ground beef and cheese. Add an extra drizzle of dressing if desired.
- Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips, and hot sauce!
- Get your kids involved! They can: tear lettuce, stir together veggie and bean mixture, and top their own salad bowls.
- Choose whatever lettuce looks best at the store. Romaine, bibb/boston, red leaf, green leaf would all work well.
- I like the Brianna’s brand of salad dressing because it’s made with real ingredients and not high fructose corn syrup, like so many salad dressings!
Keywords: taco salad