The whole family will love this easy shrimp okonomiyaki recipe (savory shrimp pancakes) that’s served with a lime mayo sauce. Ready in 30!
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 tsp. soy sauce, divided
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
12 ounces shredded green cabbage (or coleslaw mix) (about 6 cups)
4 green onions, thinly sliced
12 ounces raw shrimp, thawed and diced
vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and sesame oil. Whisk in flour until smooth. Stir in coleslaw mix, green onions, and shrimp.
- Heat vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1/3 cup of shrimp mixture and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until pancake is golden brown and cooked through. If they are cooking too quickly or browning, turn heat down a bit.
- Add a little oil to pan between batches and repeat until all batter is used.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with lime mayonnaise.
- This works best with finely shredded coleslaw mix or angel hair coleslaw mix. If you shred it yourself, be sure to use a food processor or grater or the pieces will be too big and make the pancakes hard to cook properly.
- Makes about 16 pancakes (4 pancakes per serving)
Keywords: easy shrimp okonomiyaki, okonomiyaki recipe