Easy shrimp fajitas are easy, healthy, and delicious. Serve them with black beans and Mexi rice, it’s all ready in 30 minutes.
- 16 oz. shrimp (peeled, no tail)
- 2 bell peppers (1 yellow, 1 red)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime (2 Tbsp.)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups minute rice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 6–12 flour tortillas (depends on size)
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. sour cream
- hot sauce or salsa
- Prepare ingredients:
Slice bell peppers in thin strips.
Slice onion in half moons.
Mince garlic cloves.
- Rice: heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat, once it’s hot, add garlic powder and cumin to pan. Swirl the spices into the oil and then add broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and add rice to pan. Stir, cover, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Most of the liquid should be gone. If it’s not, stir rice, and heat for an additional minute or two.
- Black beans: pour entire contents of can into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until hot, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil to pan and when hot, add the onion, pepper strips, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring every minute or so for about 4 minutes. Add shrimp and lime juice to pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes, just until shrimp are warm or cooked through. (If your shrimp are raw, it may take 4-5 minutes.)
- Layer shrimp and pepper mixture onto tortillas and add toppings as desired. Serve with rice and beans on the side.
- Get your kids involved! They can: help pull together toppings, top their own fajita.
- SHORTCUTS: pouch of already cooked mexi rice, pre-shredded lettuce.
Keywords: fajitas, shrimp fajitas, easy dinner