This EASY chicken taco soup recipe utilizes my FAVORITE (secret) soup ingredient! Make this Mexican chicken soup in just 30 mins + serve w/ fresh toppings!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 24 oz. marinara sauce (not Italian or basil)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or veggie)
- 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- lime wedges
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 oz. tortilla chips
- Prepare ingredients:
Cut chicken into 1″ pieces.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken to pot, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and stir to coat the chicken.
- Pour in marinara sauce, chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in beans and corn and lower heat to low and gentle simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep toppings: slice green onions, cut lime into wedges, chop cilantro, dice avocado.
- Serve soup with toppings as desired.
Get your kids involved! They can: measure corn, arrange toppings on a platter.
Keywords: Mexican chicken soup, chicken taco soup recipe