You’ll want to bring this Cherry Chicken Pasta Salad to all of your get-togethers, it’s a crowd-pleaser! Cherry Chicken Pasta Salad is a delicious mix of pasta, chicken, dried cherries, and a poppyseed dressing. It’s a perfect side dish, easy lunch, or summer dinner.
- 16 oz. gemelli pasta (or fusilli)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (about 6 stalks)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 2 cups chopped leftover chicken (about 4 thighs)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup poppyseed dressing
- 8 oz. dried cherries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz. salad greens
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Prepare ingredients:
Chop onions. (Try to get them small, without stressing.)
Chop chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Mix together mayonnaise and poppyseed dressing.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
- Refrigerate if you can for at least an hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over salad greens.
- Briannas poppyseed dressing is my favorite!
- Get your kids involved! They can: stir together salad dressing, mix all ingredients in a large bowl, dump ingredients into the bowl.
- It’s ideal to make this recipe ahead of time.
- There will be plenty of leftovers, serve them over greens for an easy lunch.
Keywords: pasta salad, pasta, chicken, chicken pasta salad