You’ll be making this breakfast tacos recipe again and again! They are so EASY and ready in less than 30 minutes! Perfect for brunch or a weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1–2 peppers from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- optional: avocado slices, cilantro
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions to pan. Cook for about 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly browned and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chipotle peppers (you can basically mash them together) and mix into sour cream. Add some of the sauce from the can as desired and depending on how spicy you want it.
- When onions are soft and caramelized, set aside and wipe out pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to pan and scramble eggs over medium-low heat, stirring frequently (or constantly) if you want them really creamy.
- Meanwhile, heat beans until hot. (In microwave or small saucepan.)
- Heat tortillas as desired. (In microwave or over gas burner on stove.)
- Assemble tacos: layer beans, eggs, onions, and sour cream on tortillas. Top with avocado and cilantro if desired.
Keywords: breakfast taco recipe, breakfast tacos