You’ll be making this breakfast tacos recipe again and again! They are so EASY and ready in less than 30 minutes! Perfect for brunch or a weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1–2 peppers from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 1/2 onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1–15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- optional: avocado slices, cilantro
- Finely chop the chipotle peppers (you can basically mash them together) and mix into sour cream.
- Add some of the sauce from the can as desired and depending on how spicy you want it.
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of butter and onions to pan.
- Cook for about 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly browned and caramelized.
- Set onions aside and wipe out pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to pan and scramble eggs over medium-low heat, stirring frequently (or constantly) if you want them really creamy.
- Meanwhile, heat beans until hot. (In microwave or small saucepan.)
- Heat tortillas as desired. (In microwave or over gas burner on stove.)
- Assemble tacos: layer beans, eggs, onions, and sour cream on tortillas. Top with avocado and cilantro if desired.
Keywords: breakfast taco recipe, breakfast tacos