Learn how to make the BEST mexican black bean quinoa salad recipe. Quinoa salad with black beans is HEALTHY, 17g plant-based protein, great for meal prep.
- Prepare quinoa: Rinse quinoa in fine mesh strainer if necessary.
- Add quinoa and 2 cups broth or water to small pan. (I’ve started adding broth to the cooking liquid to add more flavor, you’ll need two cups total liquid.)
- Stir, season with salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare vinaigrette: while quinoa is cooking, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Remove quinoa from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and toss with vinaigrette.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse black beans. Chop cilantro and crumble cheese.
- When quinoa is cool, toss with remaining ingredients. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serving size: 1 1/4 cup. Makes about 8 cups.
- You can easily swap feta for the cotijia cheese if that’s what you have or if it’s easier to find.
- SHORTCUT: Use microwavable quinoa (in the freezer section) to cut off 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
Keywords: black bean quinoa salad, quinoa salad recipes, mexican quinoa salad, quinoa salad with black beans