The BEST crockpot chicken and potatoes recipe! Just 10 minutes to prep and perfectly juicy chicken thighs with flavorful, tender potatoes.
- 2 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs (about 6 skin-on, bone-in thighs)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. small-medium golden yukon or red potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Prep ingredients:
Mix together chicken seasoning. In a small bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon sea salt, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Season chicken on both sides with remaining 1 teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Place potatoes in the bottom of 6 qt. slow cooker. (Cut in half if necessary, if they are bigger than 4-5 inches long)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sear chicken, skin side down first for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Cook in batches if necessary.
- While chicken is searing, dot butter over potatoes and sprinkle with ½ of the dried seasoning mix.
- Add chicken and any juices from the pan over the potatoes in a single layer (skin side up) and sprinkle with remaining chicken seasoning mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Keywords: crockpot chicken and potatoes, chicken and potatoes in a crock pot, crock pot chicken and potatoes recipe, crock pot chicken with potatoes, crock pot chicken thighs and potatoes