This EASY basil pesto chicken recipe with mozzarella highlights summer flavors like pesto and tomatoes. This is a delicious 20 minute dinner!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking dish with foil and spray with olive oil spritzer.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each piece of chicken. Bake for 10 minutes. Lay mozzarella cheese on top of pesto and bake for another 3-4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Set aside.
- While pesto chicken is baking, make fresh tomato topping. Chop tomatoes, discarding seeds if desired and toss with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Chicken breasts – Aim for smaller chicken breasts, about 6 oz. per breast, or cut large chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
Keywords: basil pesto chicken, basil pesto chicken recipe, pesto chicken recipe, pesto chicken breast, pesto mozzarella chicken