This delicious vegetarian white bean chili recipe is made with simple ingredients and loaded with protein and fiber, making it super satisfying.
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 6 cans white beans, drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz. canned green chiles
- 16 oz. frozen corn
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- Toppings: tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, avocado slices, jalapeno, lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions, season with sea salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, and smoked paprika to onion mixture. Stir to coat onions and toast spices.
- Add white beans, green chilis, and broth to pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend some of the soup with an immersion blender or transferring to a blender and then adding back into the soup. (This helps make it creamy, without adding any cream!)
- Stir in corn and simmer another 5-10 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Taste soup, add more salt to taste and serve with a variety of toppings.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups soup
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and do not include toppings
Keywords: vegetarian white bean chili, vegetarian white chili, white bean vegetarian chili