This vegetarian tostada recipe is ready in just 20 minutes! These vegetarian tostadas are a plant-based, vegetarian, EASY, HEALTHY weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- tostada shells
- 1/2 small watermelon (about 6 cups cubes)
- 1 lime (zested and juiced) (2 Tbsp. juice)
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped mint
- Prepare ingredients:
Chop poblano pepper.
Drain and rinse beans.
Chop watermelon cubes.
Stir together sour cream and salsa.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and poblano pepper to pan. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add zucchini and corn to pan and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and a pinch of black pepper. Add pinto beans to the pan and toss to combine, heat another minute, or until beans are hot.
- Meanwhile, put mojito watermelon salad together. Toss watermelon with lime juice, lime zest, and fresh mint.
- Top tostada shells with zucchini mixture and creamy salsa verde.
- Get your kids involved! They can: stir together sour cream and salsa, help squeeze lime juice over the watermelon salad, put mint on salad, build their own tostadas.
- Shortcut: Use frozen corn instead of fresh.
- Salsa verde: Can also use regular salsa.
Keywords: vegetarian tostadas