This thai lettuce wraps recipe (larb recipe) is SO full of flavor + ready in just 15 minutes! Ground pork lettuce wraps are a FRESH + HEALTHY family meal.
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemongrass, sliced
- 1 small Thai chili (or jalapeno)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice (from one lime)
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sriracha or chili garlic sauce (more to taste)
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- fresh mint, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground pork, salt, shallots, lemongrass, chili, and garlic to pan. Cook, breaking up meat, until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together lime juice, fish sauce, honey, and sriracha in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves.
- Cut cucumber and pepper into matchsticks. Tear fresh herbs of stems. Chop if desired, but can leave whole.
- Serve meat in lettuce cups. Top with lime sauce, cucumbers, red peppers, and fresh herbs.
- Get your kids involved! They can: wash lettuce and vegetables, mix together lime juice sauce, arrange the lettuce leaves, cucumber, pepper, and herbs on a platter.
- Short cut: Use frozen garlic cubes and tube of lemongrass. (Lemongrass tubes are usually found near the fresh herbs.)
Keywords: thai lettuce wraps recipe