Learn how to make these EASY spinach muffins! These green muffins have the perfect balance between “bakery” style texture and nutritious ingredients.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional: hemp seeds for sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners and prepare liners if necessary.
- Add all ingredients except for hemp seeds into blender. Blend until combined and smooth, about 10-30 seconds, depending on your blender.
- Divide mix (about 1/3 cup scoop) into muffin tins, they should be about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds if desired.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Pair green muffins with one of the items listed above for a full meal or filling snack.
Keywords: muffins, spinach muffins