This southwest salad recipe is perfect for meal prep lunches! No fast food needed here, learn how to make this EASY southwestern salad at home!
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 3 heads romaine
- 3 cups frozen corn (roasted if possible)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can black beans
- 3 small cucumbers
- ranch dressing
- optional extras: avocado, tomato
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush chicken with 1/4 cup bbq sauce, coating both sides. Bake for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining 1/4 cup bbq sauce and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prep salad ingredients.
Wash and chop romaine lettuce.
Thaw frozen corn.
Rinse and dry black beans.
Dice tomatoes if desired.
- Divide ingredients in containers: layer beans and corn on the bottom, followed by cucumber, tomato, and lettuce on the top. If you want to heat the chicken before serving, store in a separate container, otherwise the chicken can go on the bottom. Store dressing separately and if including avocado, don’t cut until you are ready to eat.
- Nutrition facts include 2 tablespoons ranch dressing per salad.
Keywords: southwest salad, southwest salad meal prep, lunch