The BEST smoked salmon sandwich features a layer of dill goat cheese spread topped with smoked salmon and cucumber ribbons. Ready in 15 min.
For Smoked Salmon Sandwich:
- 8 slices hearty rye or whole grain bread (artisan)
- 8 oz. smoked salmon (lox)
- 1 English cucumber (thinly sliced into ribbons)
- olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper
- flaky sea salt
For Cucumber Dill Goat Cheese Spread:
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber (squeezed in paper towel and packed)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Make cucumber and dill goat cheese spread. In a medium bowl, whip together goat cheese and cream cheese with a fork or with a hand mixer. Fold in shredded cucumber, dill, and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toast bread in toaster or in hot skillet (brushed with oil or butter), and let cool slightly before topping.
- Spread toast with cucumber and dill goat cheese spread and top with a layer of smoked salmon, and cucumber ribbons.
- Drizzle sandwich with olive oil and season with flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Garnish with fresh dill if desired.
- If you can’t find an English cucumber, peel a regular cucumber and discard any ribbons with too many seeds.
Keywords: smoked salmon sandwich, smoked salmon sandwiches, lox sandwich, cucumber sandwich