EASY black bean quinoa chili recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep. Turkey quinoa chili gets incredible flavor from my SECRET ingredient!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey (not 99% fat-free)
- 2 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. cubed butternut squash
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce (Not Italian)
- 2–15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, cilantro, tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add turkey, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and garlic to pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes, breaking up with wooden spoon, until cooked through.
- Transfer turkey to slow cooker.
- Add squash, marinara sauce, black beans, quinoa, broth, chili powder, ground cumin, remaining 1 teaspoon sea salt and pepper to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-5 hours, or until squash is tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and top with favorite toppings.
- Makes 12 cups total, each serving is 1 1/2 cups.
- This chili is very thick, if you like your chili with a bit more liquid, add 2 additional cups (6 total) of broth.
- You can skip the turkey browning step, though the end result is better and it only takes a few minutes!
Keywords: quinoa chili, black bean quinoa chili, quinoa chili recipe, turkey quinoa chili, turkey butternut squash chili