This easy shakshuka recipe is sure to become a weekly staple! It’s delicious, takes only 10 ingredients and 20 minutes to prep, and is surprisingly kid-friendly.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced in half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 red peppers, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce (about 3 cups)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 8 slices bread for toast
- butter for toast
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion and garlic to pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- Add peppers to pan, stirring occasionally and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low and make 8 indents in sauce.
- Crack eggs into indents and slowly cook for about 9-14 minutes, until eggs are set and done to desired consistency. (I wanted my whites set and yolks soft so I covered the pan for a few minutes.)
- Top with feta, parsley, and serve with buttered toast.
- Nutrition facts include 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 1 Tbsp. of butter.
Keywords: easy shakshuka, shakshuka recipe