Is it an open faced sandwich or a tartine recipe? It’s DELICIOUS! Just 25 min to make this asparagus tartine. It’s slightly fancy without the fuss.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh)
- 4 thick slices bread (sourdough or artisan)
- olive oil
- 16 oz. asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- freshly cracked pepper
- flaky sea salt
- fresh dill for garnish
- Make lemon ricotta cheese. Stir together ricotta and lemon zest.
- Grill bread. Heat grill over medium high heat and brush both sides of bread generously with olive oil. Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, until lightly charred and toasted.
- Trim asparagus by breaking off the woody bottom with your hands. Slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes. Take off of heat and stir in fresh dill and lemon juice.
- Layer bread with lemon ricotta, asparagus, and prosciutto. Top with freshly cracked pepper, flaky sea salt, and chopped dill.
Keywords: open faced sandwich, sauteed asparagus tartine recipe