These are the BEST salmon cakes. They come together quickly, freeze up nicely, and are perfect for the youngest eaters, too!
- 24 oz. salmon filets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put salmon in a glass baking dish (lined with foil to make clean up easy) and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Cooking time will vary, depending on the size of filet.
- While fish is cooking, mix together the aïoli in a small bowl: mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, dried dill. Taste and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When fish is done and cool enough to touch, mix together flaked salmon and remaining ingredients.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Prepare pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Scoop 1/3 cup mixture of salmon and gently flatten into a patty shape. Cook in batches, for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown, being careful to not crowd the pan.
- Serve with aïoli.
- Easy to bake salmon ahead of time and then make a day or two later
- You can wrap salmon cakes in plastic wrap and freeze. Simply heat in microwave until hot. (I did 30 seconds on each side.)
- If you want to turn these into burgers, use 1/2 cup scoop instead of 1/3 cup.
- Nutrition is for one cake + aïoli
Keywords: salmon, salmon cakes, easy fish dinner, fish dinner, seafood