This quinoa arugula salad recipe is bright, fresh and flavorful – perfect to make ahead for lunches or picnics.
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. minced shallots (about one)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 8 cups arugula, washed
- 1/2 cup almonds, roasted and chopped
- Prepare quinoa as directed and let cool.
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss quinoa, arugula, almonds and dressing together.
This salad is best made ahead of time to let the flavors deepen, and it’s great the next day.
Keywords: salad, whole grain, quinoa