Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccoli is an easy, 30 minute dinner that the whole family will love. Five simple ingredients is all this flavorful dish needs!
- Prep broccoli: clean and trim broccoli. Chop florets into small pieces.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, but take off heat 2 minutes early. BE SURE TO RESERVE 1/2 CUP PASTA WATER.
- Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to large sauté pan. When it’s hot, add sausage to pan, breaking up with the back of a spatula or spoon. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until browned.
- Add chopped broccoli and garlic to pan, tossing everything together. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until broccoli has softened.
- When pasta is finished cooking, add drained pasta to pan, along with 1/4 of the pasta water.
- Toss everything together and add extra pasta water if mixture seems dry.
- Serve with parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil, and extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Get your kids involved. They can: add parmesan to their bowl of pasta.
Keywords: pasta, easy dinner