EASY orecchiette with sausage and broccoli is a great weeknight dinner. Ready in 30 min + family friendly. Made with 5 simple ingredients.
- Prep broccoli: clean and trim broccoli. Chop florets into small pieces.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, but take off heat 2 minutes early. BE SURE TO RESERVE 1/2 CUP PASTA WATER.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to large skillet. When it’s hot, add sausage to pan, breaking up with the back of a spatula or spoon. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until browned.
- Add chopped broccoli and garlic to pan, tossing everything together. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until broccoli has softened.
- When pasta is finished cooking, add drained pasta to pan, along with 1/4 of the pasta water.
- Toss everything together and add extra pasta water if mixture seems dry.
- Serve with desired toppings: parmesan cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, flaky sea salt, red pepper flakes, and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- Other pasta alternatives: See above, you don’t have to use orecchiette.
Keywords: orecchiette with sausage and broccoli, sausage and broccoli pasta, Italian sausage pasta