This moo shu shrimp recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that’s loaded with nutritious ingredients and tons of flavor. Just 20 min to make.
- 3 green onions
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 16 oz. coleslaw mix
- 16 oz. raw shrimp
- 8 flour tortillas
- hoisin sauce
- Prepare ingredients:
Thinly slice green onions, keeping white and green portions separate.
Thinly slice mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, stir together rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, corn starch, and chili garlic sauce.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil to pan and when hot, add white part of green onions and mushrooms to pan, cooking for about 1 minute. Add coleslaw mix to pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Push veggies to the side of the pan and add shrimp to middle of the skillet so they are touching the pan.
- Add soy sauce mixture to skillet and stir to combine with shrimp. After a minute or two, stir shrimp into cabbage mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through and mixture has thickened.
- Serve with warm tortillas or rice, hoisin sauce, and sliced green onions.
- You can use any type of mushrooms if you can’t find shiitake mushrooms.
Keywords: moo shu shrimp recipe