- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice from 1 lime (about 2–3 Tbsp.)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (fire roasted if possible)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf of multigrain bread, sliced
- 4 oz cojita cheese (about 1 cup crumbled)
- garnish: chopped cilantro, chili powder
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat olive oil in pan and add garlic and corn. Saute for about 5-7 minutes.
Remove from heat, squeeze half of lime over corn mixture and set aside.
Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream and remaining lime juice. Set aside.
Bake or grill bread for 10 minutes, flipping and baking for another 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
Layer mayonnaise mixture on bread and top with corn, cojita cheese, cilantro and cayenne pepper.
- If grilling corn yourself, grill and use 2 cups of kernels cut off the cob