Your whole family will love this lasagna soup. It’s easy and full-of-flavor thanks to a secret ingredient that you probably have in your pantry!
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 24 oz. marinara sauce
- 16 oz. beef or chicken broth
- 8 oz. pasta (shells, penne, etc.)
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- chopped basil (optional)
- Prepare ingredients:
- Add olive oil to large pot and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and Italian sausage and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up chunks, for about 7-9 minutes, until cooked through. Drain if necessary.
- Add broth and marinara sauce to pot, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while soup is simmering, cook pasta as directed, until al dente. (Be careful not to overcook!)
- Taste soup and add any additional seasonings if necessary.
- Serve a bowl of soup with pasta and top with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Top soup with chopped basil or Italian parsley and red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.
Keywords: lasagna soup