EASY cheesy black bean skillet dinner is ready in less than 30 min! This black bean southwestern casserole is hearty enough for meat eaters.
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 14.5-oz. cans black beans (DON’T RINSE!)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions
- sliced jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- salsa or hot sauce
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- mini bell peppers
1. Prepare ingredients:
Dice bell pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add garlic, both canned beans (DON’T RINSE!), corn, and enchilada sauce to skillet. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium.
4. Stirring frequently, let bean mixture thicken, and cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prep any toppings and/or bell peppers for scooping.
6. Stir cheese into bean mixture and serve with tortilla chips, bell peppers, and desired toppings.
- Nutrition facts do not include toppings, as they will vary.
Keywords: baked black beans, cheesy spicy black bean bake, black bean skillet dinner, southwestern casserole