Make this easy general tso shrimp recipe for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner! Just 20 minutes and simple ingredients.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- rice for serving
- 1 lb. shrimp (raw, peeled, no tails)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tsp. minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- pinch Red pepper flakes
- Make rice according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and add to a large bowl. Sprinkle shrimp with cornstarch and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large nonstick skillet. Add shrimp to skillet and stir fry for about 4-6 minutes, remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. When oil is hot, add garlic, ginger, and pinch of red pepper flakes to pan and saute for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in sauce mixture to skillet. Simmer mixture for about 1-2 minutes, until it’s thickened and glossy. Add shrimp back into pan, tossing to coat with sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve shrimp over rice and top with red pepper flakes to taste.
Keywords: general tso shrimp recipe